Ships and Sails: Wasaga Under Siege Returns in 2019
Ships and Sails
Saturday, August 17th, 2019
10:00am – 5:00pm
Visit Nancy Island Historic Site for a day of ships, sailors, cannons, and more! Experience the life of a sailor in 1812 and discover what life was like on a ship!
Cost: $2.00 per person; kids 12 and under FREE
- 1812 sailor and voyageur re-enactors
- cannon, musket, and cutlass demonstrations
- naval artefacts displays
- model ship displays and speakers presentation
- build-your-own model ship
- voyageur canoe rides
- rope and knot tying station
- sea shanties and folk music
- powder monkey run
- grog sampling (non-alcoholic)
- naval games and activities
- and much more!
Parking available at Nancy Island Historic Site parking lot. Bike Valet available at Nancy Island lot.
Food and refreshment stand will be on site during the event.