Welcome to the Friends of Nancy Island & Wasaga Beach Park
Wasaga Under Siege is Back Again in 2015
Enjoy a War of 1812 Experience, August 15th and 16th
For two days, re-enactors will transport you back to the War of 1812 through Musket, Cannon & 3 Line Firing demonstrations, Native drumming & storytelling, War of 1812 Surgeon & Cooking demonstrations, Uniform and Fashion Shows and much more. Visit the British, American and Native Encampments on Nancy Island to experience life in 1812.
- To further public awareness, education, and understanding of the historical, archaeological, biological and geological resources of Wasaga Beach.
- To support research projects related to the park's natural and historical resources.
- To develop and make high quality, park specific items and publications available to the public.
- To operate a retail outlet where educational publications, maps, mementos and other items related to Nancy Island and Wasaga Beach Provincial Park are available.
- To generate funds through memberships, donations, bequests and other gifts, as well as through special events and activities.
- To ensure that Wasaga Beach Provincial Park's natural and historical legacy will remain for future generations.
The Friends of Nancy Island Historic Site and Wasaga Beach Park is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to furthering the educational and interpretive programs of Wasaga Beach Provincial Park and Nancy Island Historic Site.
Friends of Nancy Island Blog
The Friends have started a blog - and we would love for you to check it out: CLICK HERE Learn more about Wasaga Beach's unique natural and cultural history, keep up to date on activities and events, follow our twitter feed, and don't forget to subscribe for e-mail notifications. Happy reading!