Welcome to the Friends of Nancy Island & Wasaga Beach Park
Wasaga Under Siege Returns - 2016
Back By Popular Demand
Enemy forces are once again planning to attack Wasaga Beach. Join us in commemorating the 1814 sinking of the H.M.S. Nancy in the Nottawasga River at Nancy Island Historic Site Saturday, August 13, 10am-6pm and Sunday August 14, 10am-4pm. For two days, re-enactors with transport you back to the War of 1812 through musket, cannon, and 3 line firing demonstrations, Native drumming and storytelling.
- To further public awareness, education, and understanding of the historical, archaeological, biological and geological resources of Wasaga Beach.
- To support research projects related to the park's natural and historical resources.
- To develop and make high quality, park specific items and publications available to the public.
- To operate a retail outlet where educational publications, maps, mementos and other items related to Nancy Island and Wasaga Beach Provincial Park are available.
- To generate funds through memberships, donations, bequests and other gifts, as well as through special events and activities.
- To ensure that Wasaga Beach Provincial Park's natural and historical legacy will remain for future generations.
Download and print our Membership Form.
Download..PDF Doc | 54 KB
The Friends of Nancy Island Historic Site and Wasaga Beach Park is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to furthering the educational and interpretive programs of Wasaga Beach Provincial Park and Nancy Island Historic Site.
Friends of Nancy Island Blog
The Friends have started a blog - and we would love for you to check it out: CLICK HERE Learn more about Wasaga Beach's unique natural and cultural history, keep up to date on activities and events, follow our twitter feed, and don't forget to subscribe for e-mail notifications. Happy reading!