Welcome to the Friends of Nancy Island & Wasaga Beach Park
Celebrating Ploverpalozza at Wasaga Beach Provincial Park
10 Years of Piping Plovers
We are excited to announce the 10th anniversary of Piping Plovers at Wasaga Beach Provincial Park. Our summer long festival, entitled Ploverpalozza, is a notable event as it celebrates our program's success at protecting this tiny, endangered shorebird. Our festival thus aims to not only celbrate our success but to bring awareness to each and every patron who visits our park during the summer of 2017. Since spearheading the Piping Plover Recovery Program at Wasaga Beach Provincial Park, Ontario Parks along with the Friends of Nancy Island Historic Site has been instrumental in protecting Piping Plovers during the critical nesting period. After ten years, we are pleased to announce that over 52 chicks have fledged from our site.
Events include a delicious banquet gala dinner, onsite school programs, a four part speaker series, art workshops, and children's activities. We are excited for the opportunity to team up with the Town of Wasaga Beach to participate in their Waterfront Festival in Beach Area One (june 17-18). With the exception of the banquet dinner, the events are FREE to the public thanks to our generous sponsors. For more information and our calendar of events, please visit: http://ploverpalooza.ca
- To further public awareness, education, and understanding of the historical, archaeological, biological and geological resources of Wasaga Beach.
- To support research projects related to the park's natural and historical resources.
- To develop and make high quality, park specific items and publications available to the public.
- To operate a retail outlet where educational publications, maps, mementos and other items related to Nancy Island and Wasaga Beach Provincial Park are available.
- To generate funds through memberships, donations, bequests and other gifts, as well as through special events and activities.
- To ensure that Wasaga Beach Provincial Park's natural and historical legacy will remain for future generations.
Download and print our Membership Form.
Download..PDF Doc | 54 KB
The Friends of Nancy Island Historic Site and Wasaga Beach Park is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to furthering the educational and interpretive programs of Wasaga Beach Provincial Park and Nancy Island Historic Site.
Friends of Nancy Island Blog
The Friends have started a blog - and we would love for you to check it out: CLICK HERE Learn more about Wasaga Beach's unique natural and cultural history, keep up to date on activities and events, follow our twitter feed, and don't forget to subscribe for e-mail notifications. Happy reading!